I try my best to stay on time; out of respect to other patients please arrive on time. We use time based appointment scheduling system of 15 min, 30 min, 45 min and 60 min depending on complexity of medical issues etc. This time does not mean time spend with patient face-to-face which is typically a fraction of the time scheduled for appointment. The rest of the time is for me to review the results, refill prescriptions, dictate/type the note and close your chart. This assure that any patient and his doctor has documentation available the same day of visit. However this requires mutual awareness of the time. Sometimes I will just have to say that time is up and move additional discussions of any non-emergent or life-threatening issues during next visit. In my area of practice there are very few life-threatening situations.
Before the first appointment with me, you will be registered in our electronic medical system. To make it a smooth process please have the following information ready:
- demographic information, we need to scan your ID into the system so please bring one
- name and contact information of your primary care doctor
- name and contact information of referring doctor
- name, address, and phone number of your local and mail order pharmacy
- list of your current medications
- if you are being seen for infertility please also provide name and contact of your wife’s / partner doctor
- please call your insurance ahead and check which laboratory we should send your blood work so insurance cover it. However, please remember that some of the specialized tests are done only in our or national reference lab. My staff will inform you if we are sending the test to one of the specialized labs
- your insurance card so we can assist you with filling the claim
Please arrive 10-15 min before your scheduled appointment. You don’t have to fast. Please try not to urinate for 1-2 hours before the appointment in case we need to check your urine.
For patients who have problems with infertility or sexual function or have varicocele; try not to ejaculate for 2-3 days before you see me.
if you have any labs/notes/results from other physicians please fax them to my office ahead of your appointment or bring the copies with you.
For new visits, vasectomies, procedures for erectile dysfunction allocate at 30-60 min time for the visit. For penile dynamic MRA/I allocate at least 3-4 hours.
Ultrasounds performed by other physicians will be reviewed and if images are acceptable there is no need to repeat them but for erectile dysfunction evaluation, we will typically repeat the ultrasound to better help you.